CONGRATS TO ADRIANNA S., THE WINNER OF THE TEA GIVEAWAY! THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO ENTERED!
May is here – rejoice! And right around the corner is… Mother’s Day! Whether you are a mother, have a mother, or just know a great mom who deserves some recognition, don’t forget to take the time to give her a hug, a card, a call, or a gift on Sunday, May 13th! (That’s just over a week away, kiddos!)
This is my third Mother’s Day as a mom – the first was when my son was just 2 months old! I have so much more appreciateion for Moms and for giving them a much-needed day off now that I am one myself.
I’m not a girly-girl or into lavish gifts, which is good for Mr. Penny Pincher! I’d rather have kind acts of love or thoughtful, small gifts, and my favorite gifts are homemade! Here are some cheap or free ideas to please Moms like me on Mother’s Day:
- Let Mom sleep in (free!)
- Wash, dry, and put away ALL the dishes (free!)
- Make Mom a meal… and clean up afterwards. (cost of food)
- Or take Mom on a picnic!
- A personalized card – make your own, or personalize and order one for FREE from thecardstore.com using code LUVMOM, + Free Shipping in US! (1 use per Cardstore account, Valid thru 5/6/12 )
- Have Dad (or another adult) take the kid(s) to get their photo taken
- Do a chore that you know Mom hates doing (mine is dishes!)
- Have Dad (or another adult) take the kids out for an afternoon while Mom is free to lounge around the house and do whatever. she. wants.
- Frame a school drawing/art project and hang it up for her.
- Pick up the phone and call your mom or grandmother.
Flowers are always a safe bet that is sure to please any mother. I myself prefer potted flowers or plants, because I can keep them indefinitely (until I kill them!) and I don’t have to toss them. LivingSocial.com has a great offer right now – pay $15 for $30 to spend online on fresh flowers and gifts from ProFlowers.com. Voucher can even be used toward tax and shipping! You can also try using some of these promotion codes for even greater savings. Here are a few of my top picks from ProFlowers.com:
Photos and photo gifts are another guaranteed winner of a gift for any mom (or grandma!) Living Social has two more great deals right now…
MyPublisher.com Pay $19 and receive a personalized, 20-page, 11.5″x15″ deluxe photo book with super gloss pages (a $90 value).
Shipping and handling not included – GET THIS DEAL!
Pay $20 for $40 to spend on photo prints. Enhance your digital photos with captions and photo effects before ordering 4×6, 5×7, 8×10, 11×15, or 16×20 prints (with prices starting at $0.15 each) to be shipped to your home.
Shipping is not included. - GET THIS DEAL!
I have a few more sales/finds in the works, but I want to get you started! What do you have planned for Mother’s Day? Are you a mom? A dad? A kid? A kid at heart?