Just trying to check in even though I don’t have a big post ready. Here’s what I’m doing/planning to do in the GPP vein…
- No ‘Poo. I’m late to jump on this bandwagon but it’s something I’ve been thinking of doing for… ever. My hair is fine and has just enough curl to it to always have a halo of fuzzy frizz whenever it is freshly washed. I never really have been a daily shampoo’er anyway, mainly because my hair only really starts looking good by day 3, and really starts to look great when it feels DIS-GUSTING. Yesterday, after almost a week without washing it, I did my first “treatment” – a wash with baking soda paste and a rinse with Apple Cider Vinegar – as per the instructions from one of my favorite bloggers, Crunchy Betty. It’s still too early to tell for sure, but so far I love it. My hair after washing/drying yesterday was less frizzy with NO product in it than it usually is after a regular shampoo with anti-frizz product! My scalp feels clean and tingly (might have helped that my baking soda had lavender infused in it; next time I might go for mint and/or eucalyptus for some nice tingle!) and my hair is nice and soft and continues to look and feel good today.
- In beautiful coincidence, my mom and I helped my son concoct his first “volcano” yesterday using – you guessed it – baking soda and vinegar!
- Daydreaming about gardening. Trying not to spend all my time and energy on Pinterest adding to my already huge garden board. I’ll post more about it in the future but I think this year we’re really going to keep it “simple” – tomatoes, maybe a companion crop, and then lots of herbs. I’ll leave everything else to the nice folks at the Farmers Markets.
- Also daydreaming about hitting the road in a wee camper such as this one:
More on that in future posts as well.
- Looking into Maca Root, which, if it works, may help me with one or more of a bunch of ills that have gotten to me. Anyone have any info or experience?
- Loving this sunshine and the occasional super-warm days we’ve been having… and then shifting polarities to sadness and blah every time we get another chilly, cloudy day.
- At the request of some readers, as well as my own desire and need for it, creating a list of dye-free recipes and products. If you have any to add, please comment! I’ll be putting the list up soon-ish.
- Testing out the Safeway (grocery store) app on my phone and the more I use it, the less frustrated I get with it, and the more money I save! (Still spending too much at the grocery store though.) Last visit I saved 28% off my bill, PLUS filled my gas tank at their station with a discount of 60 cents off per gallon!